The RVM (Reverse Vending Machine) Software department at Tomra is responsible for developing and maintaining embedded software for Tomra’s new and existing RVMs. Our decades-long history and experience combines with a drive to innovate and create the solutions of the future for resource optimization and the circular economy. We now seek a Senior Embedded Software Engineer who wants to join our mission.
TOMRA Collection was founded in a garage. This garage wasn’t in Palo Alto, though, it was in Vollen, Norway. 50 years later, TOMRA Collection is a world-leading technology company working to expand the circular economy. As the largest provider of RVMs (or “panteautomater”) on the planet, we strive to reduce society's reliance on raw materials by enabling drinking bottles, cans, and other containers to be continually recycled in a closed loop. Every year, TOMRA Collection captures more than 40 billion drink containers across 60 global markets with approximately 80,000 installations, ensuring that they don't end up in our streets, oceans, or landfills. That might sound like a lot, but it’s actually less than 3% of what’s sold annually! Naturally, we’ve got our sights set on the remaining 97% and we need your help to get there. Our success is measured by our impact, and if that’s a statement that resonates with you, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Social and team-based focus among staff
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and electric car charging, and our own healthy and varied cafeteria
- Opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars
- Great place to work: TOMRA was named the #5 best place to work in Norway in 2018
- Convenient location in Asker - close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Modern software department with an agile focus
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- A great environment and opportunity for learning and developing
- Competitive pay and benefits, along with 6 weeks of holiday
Our department consists of more than 20 developers organized into four cross-functional Agile teams made up of developers, tech leads, testers, product owners and an architect. Each team owns a functional part of the RVM with a responsibility to ensure quality and a sustainable codebase over time. In this role, you will report to the Technology Manager for RVM Software and you will join the Platform team that is responsible for the OS, security, build system, hardware adaptions and common base functionality. We work closely across domains and disciplines solving complex problems in a dynamic and high-paced environment. We are well underway on our Agile journey, though we recognize there is still a way to go reaching our full Agile and Lean potential.
- Design, develop and maintain embedded software for Tomra’s wide range of RVMs
- Develop software in a multi-disciplinary environment collaborating with disciplines such as electronics and mechanics, either within projects or as part of ongoing product development
- Stay up to date on technology trends, contributing to future-oriented solutions and technologies
- Support and enable Agile practices within software development
- Be an advocate for quality and maintainability of our systems
- Contribute to a thriving and innovative team environment
Who are we looking for
You will be joining a department made up of highly skilled developers. As such, we think it is important that you are curious by nature, you challenge the status quo and continuously push to do better. You are passionate about technology, embedded software, and best practices within software development. Last, but not least, you have an Agile and DevOps mindset.
- MSc, BSc or similar in software-related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for the lack of a formal education
- At least 5 years of experience with low-level C or C++ embedded software development
- Experience with Agile software development
- Understanding of electronics and ability to read electronic schematics
- Beneficial with experience in one or more of the following:
- Linux kernel modules
- Automated testing
- Software architecture
- A self-driven team player with a passion for technology
- Forward-thinking and proactive
- Solution-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Structured, analytical and responsible; you take pride in delivering excellent results
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Preferably fluent in both English and Norwegian
Join us to make a difference in the world of recycling!
Our recruitment partner, Ole Foss in AvantGarde Search, has a detailed document he will happily send to you. You can get in touch with Ole on LinkedIn, by phone (+47 478 95 488) or via e-mail (email@example.com)
Alternatively, feel free to apply right away. At this stage, we only require a link to your LinkedIn profile or a copy of your CV.
Candidate applications will be assessed promptly after being received. As such, we highly recommend you apply or contact us as early as possible. All applicants will receive an individual response to their application.