Are you our next manager to support startups and growth companies from Oslo?
Stillingen er ikke lenger aktiv.
Is this you? You have a good knowledge on what it means to start and build a startup. You see collaboration as a positive way of working, and have good results from professional partnerships. You have an analytical mind and like to engage others through communication. The Growth & Funding manager will be responsible for leading multiple projects and collaborate with several partners in the Oslo startup community.
Do you want to be part of the team that supports Oslo's startups that will create jobs for the future?
Apply before the 3rd of janaury 2021 and we encourage you to submit your application earlier if you can. To apply send a short cover letter and CV to [email protected] Put Growth & Funding Manager in the Subject field.
The last 10 years, the startup community in Oslo has emerged from nothing to foster international growth companies such as Kahoot!, Spacemaker, Otovo and No Isolation. But what exactly makes Oslo a desirable destination for investors? What are the emerging growth companies in the near and long future?
We are looking for a curious, passionate and high performing person who can develop and lead the work on supporting startups and growth companies in Oslo. This includes connecting to local and global investors and other funding opportunities, talent attraction and other related work.
You have a passion for startups and believe that new solutions and technology are key drivers for solving global challenges. You believe in our social mission, meaning that we work for Oslo to create value and jobs for the future.
You have a good knowledge on what it means to start and build a startup, and preferably a relevant network within the Norwegian entrepreneurial community. You see collaboration as a positive way of working, and have good results from professional partnerships. Experience from place branding is also an advantage.
You will be responsible for leading multiple projects that connects startups and growth companies from Oslo to investors and other funding opportunities. You will collaborate with all the incubators in Oslo and others. You will analyze investments and data and communicate these to different stakeholders. In addition, you will lead and develop other projects supporting growth companies in Oslo. The role is a permanent, full time position.
- Fun, positive and exciting work environment
- Small international team who works closely with a diverse group of people in the innovation, tech and startup scene
- Cool workspace at the heartbeat of the startup ecosystem
- flexible working conditions
- build up and develop new concepts
- work with and influence companies in the new economy
- Develop and lead existing and new projects and concepts that connects growth companies to investors and other funding opportunities where the goal is more investments
- Deliver successful project outcomes including budgets
- Develop and implement different methods and frameworks
- Build networks in Norway, Europe and globally
- Develop and lead projects that support growth companies
- Analyze and communicate investments and data
- Collaborate with the startup hubs, investors and investor networks, growth companies
- We are a small team and other ad hoc work must be accounted for
- More investments into startups and growth companies in Oslo
- Position the Oslo Startup Ecosystem globally and locally
Skills and experience we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with demonstrated achievements
- Deep understanding of growth companies, business and investment in Norway
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data into understandable insight for non-investment experts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - and Norwegian is an advantage
- Higher education in a related field
- Relevant network
- Experience from investing, science, finance and business is an advantage
- International experience is an advantage
- Problem-solving skills
- Well organized and structured
- You believe in social responsibility
- You work well independently and, in a team
- Interest in technology, society and startup
- Strong communicator and the ability to engage others
- The ability to understand complex subjects and act on opportunities
How to apply
Work place: Oslo - some traveling
Position: Fulltime 100%
Title: Growth & Funding Manager
Apply before 20 December 2020 and we encourage you to submit your application earlier if you can. To apply send a short cover letter and CV to [email protected] Put Growth & Funding Manager in the Subject field
For questions email Siw Andersen, CEO, Oslo Business Region [email protected]
Who are we?
Oslo’s startup ecosystem is key to a more robust and sustainable future economy for Norway. Oslo Business Region strengthens the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Oslo by bridging industries, companies and people. We work to make more growth companies in Oslo succeed. To do this we attract investors and talent, facilitate for more public procurement from startups, profile Oslo globally and create projects, insight and arenas for and in collaboration with the Oslo Startup Ecosystem. We are owned by the City of Oslo and work the the whole Oslo Startup Ecosystem. Our values are Collaborative, Empowering og Insightful.
We are a small and passionate team located at MESH in the city centre of Oslo. Our work is global and our work language is English. We have a hectic work day where we meet a lot of new people. We are open, love food and we like all the great things about Oslo from culture to nature. Hope you'd like to join us!
We are also hiring a Public-Private Manager