Chief Operating Officer at Rift Labs
Are you the COO who will help us to scale and achieve our highly ambitious growth targets?
Are you excited by the opportunity to build a world-class operations team delivering innovative products to a global market?
Rift Labs are looking for top talent to join us on our exciting growth journey. Apply now to become our new Chief Operating Officer!
Rift Labs is based in Norway, where we have been developing cutting-edge light technology and sensor-based solutions since 2010, and where we today manufacture and export products which are used primarily in the photo and film industry in the US market.
We have established an ambitious growth strategy together with our majority shareholder Karbon Invest AS, an investment company with equity capital of 3.5 billion NOK (also owning shares in companies such as Crayon Group, Link Mobility, Sikri, Oche, PetXL, European Shuffleboard among others), which include ramping up the organization, developing new products and entering new segments and markets.
As COO you will be a key member of the executive leadership team, heading up the recently established Operations department, including manufacturing, IT, supply chain, procurement and quality. You are expected to provide strategic leadership across all aspects of the business, directly driving the organization to achieve key objectives in line with plans, strategy and budget.
You will join a small but rapidly growing team of highly skilled colleagues who are extremely passionate about innovation and technology, and we expect you to be as inspired as we are by the prospect of exploring the spectrum of light to create amazing products.
- Define, build and develop a world-class operations team to meet dynamic business needs, including organizational planning and recruitment.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and support to all staff in order to develop the talent needed to further a proactive organization, including career planning and appraisals.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with our Supply Chain to support high quality, rapid growth, process stability, and on-time deliveries. This includes planning, negotiating contracts and supplier agreements, make-vs-buy decisions, scheduling, shipping, receiving, and developing warehouse strategies.
- Manage the transition of new products and processes from initial development to volume production.
- Monitor revenue margins, production capacity and utilization, inventory turnover, etc. and use these insights to implement measures to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
- Continuously develop and improve internal and external processes and systems to allow for continuous growth. This may include standards, policies, procedures and IT systems such as ERP, PLM, CRM, QMS, etc.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Relevant higher education, minimum bachelor's degree, master's preferred.
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience, including experience managing a team.
- Previous experience as director or operations manager with responsibility for supply chain and manufacturing of physical products.
- Experience with logistics (including 3PLs), freight/shipping strategy and network optimization.
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and understanding of the importance and value of KPIs, process controls and systems.
- Must have a passion for Continuous Improvement.
- Must have understanding of P&L financials and OPEX-related expenses.
- Highly organized, analytical and business-oriented.
- Efficient team-builder with strong communication, motivational skills and the ability to lead and drive change.
- Decision-maker capable of identifying operational challenges and initiating actions as necessary.
- Used to working in a high pressure, fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to get hands dirty and pitch in when needed.
- Professional level English, written & spoken.
- Scandinavian is advantageous.
- Location: Vinterbro, Viken.
- Application deadline: ASAP. We will evaluate candidates as they apply.
- Visa requirements: Must have a work visa/work permit for Norway.