Do you want to turn data into actionable insights for an innovative media group?
Data Analyst - Aller Media AS
Do you enjoy interpreting data and turning it into information that can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions? Are you curious and able to map the right connections?
At Aller Media we have made great progress in transforming into a data-driven company. We are now looking for a new star to join our Data team to help us deliver actionable insights to the company.
Aller Media is one of the largest innovative media conglomerates in Norway. The company has a wide range of products, from breaking news with Dagbladet as the front runner, to typical magazine products like Se og Hør and KK. In addition, Aller Media has a strong position with several leading brands in marketing services. Aller Media has been very successful in transforming its business, and many of our brands hold leading positions digitally. We are about 600 employees in Norway and the turnover is approximately 1,8 billion NOK.
As a Data Analyst in Aller Media you will be working closely with the editorial team and the commercial team to help the achieve their growth targets. As a critical link between our data and the business, you will help to turn vast amounts of transactional data into actionable insights.This role requires you to work independently with analysis, have the ability to see new opportunities in our data, and explore those. As a company, we work with both editorial and commercial goals and we investigate our data from different perspectives. This provides an opportunity to gain specific knowledge about the areas you find more interesting. It is important that you are curious and able to map the right connections to create your own tasks, but also that you can convey and visualize your findings in a good way.
You will have the access to the company’s data platform, built on Google Cloud, which collects over 200 GB of data per day. This role is truly cross-functional, as you will work closely with developers, BI analysts, and key stakeholders to better understand and utilize data we collect.
Who are you?
In order to succeed and thrive in this role, we believe that you should have:
- Experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- A degree in economics, business, or a technical field (computer science, engineering, physics, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience with SQL and some programming language for data analysis (Python, R, etc.)
- Good knowledge of statistics and the ability to explain correlations and linear regressions with confidence
- Strong communication skills and ability to navigate in a complex organization
- High degree of curiosity
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
In addition, the following experience would be nice to have:
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, especially Google BigQuery
- Experience with B2C subscriptions and an understanding of churn, retention, loyalty, and acquisition metrics
- Experience with data visualization
What can we offer you?
- An enthusiastic and creative team
- Manage your own work
- Few places that have the reach like Aller Media does
- The ability to build up features and do it your way
- A central role in a fast-growing company, with great impact and opportunities for career and personal development.
- Continuous replenishment of competence
- Good working environment with nice colleagues
Do you want to join Aller media on this exciting journey to be the best media company in Norway?
If this looks interesting just click the apply link and leave your name and email and we will provide you with more information.
Also feel free to contact our recruitment partner AvantGarde Search, Albanit Rexhaj, at [email protected] or +47 41 27 71 68