Electronics Design Engineer | Airthings
Do you get triggered by the opportunity to develop cool electronics products in an agile environment?
Do you get triggered by the opportunity to develop cool electronics products in a agile environment? Would you like to work with a team of highly motivated, true electronics- and embedded software experts? Would you like to be integral in developing products that makes the world breathe better?
Then we would very much like to hear from you! Come join Airthings as our new Electronics Design Engineer and make an impact in one of Norway's fastest growing tech-companies!
Airthings—Our business & people
Airthings is a global tech company creating world-class air quality and radon monitors for people and businesses. Led by a team of experienced scientists, engineers, developers, and visionaries. Airthings is on a mission to ensure people around the world take control of their air quality through simple, sustainable, and accessible technology solutions – making radon and air quality solutions an essential and universal element for every building or home.
You will join a company really going places with huge international expansion plans. We have big goals, challenges and learning opportunities. Our international environment has a focus on diversity and inclusion, and out of our 100+ employees, we (so far) have 29 different nationalities. And we want more! You will get to work with a group of people with high competence, that are fun, caring and a bit “crazy.”
This is what you will achieve in the next 12 months
- Work on a product development project from start to completion. Such as prestudy, requirements, design, implementation and test
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Design electronics products for high volume manufacturing
- Make schematic design and follow up PCB layout
- Collaborate with manufacturers and suppliers
- Document new product designs
- Debug and make failure analysis of issues found in production and in the field
Key Qualifications & Skills
This is what we are looking for
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of using a schematic design entry tool such as OrCAD, Altium, KiCAD or other
- Understanding of design of microcontroller-based systems, including analogue, low power, battery operated, general power regulation, and radio frequency antenna
- Experience in working closely with firmware engineers during bring-up and debugging of new designs
- Good understanding of how to take a product from early prototype to high volume production
And this is what we believe will drive your success
- You are persistent and self-driven, and can handle time pressure well
- You love to work at a fast pace, where things are continuously changing
- Put pride into developing high quality products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in english
- You are a good communicator, and you can explain complex details in a simple, clear and transparent way
Why this position?
- Opportunity to part of a team of highly motivated true electronics experts.
- Be an integral team player in the development of all Airthings hardware products.
- Work with other departments, such as firmware-, products-, and business development -teams, to create next generations of highly differentiated Airthings hardware products:
- Airthings is focusing on creating lovable experiences with our products - it all starts with the hardware a customer holds in their hand
- Identify future sensors, as well as wireless communication, technologies, for Airthings products.
- Be part of scaling up the organization, as we grow as a company.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits, including pension and insurance.
- Annual KPI bonus.
- Stock options program that gives you the opportunity to invest in the company.
- Flexible working hours and a place where work-life balance is highly valued.
- An inclusive and safe work environment where diversity is embraced.
- Opportunities for continued growth and learning.
- Social events & fun – We work hard and play hard with regular social activities;
- Weekly company-wide Friday lunch and get together
- Monthly salary beers with quiz and fun
- Company retreats like hiking mountains, skiing and other activities
- Regular holiday parties
- Quarterly team building activities
- City center location, with one of the best canteens in town (Oslo)
Hopefully you have been inspired to apply and you can apply directly via the apply button.
We hope to hear from you and welcome to Airthings, where we DARE, LOVE and FOCUS
Read more at www.airthings.com