Embedded Firmware Developer / Sr Embedded Firmware Developer
Would you like to write embedded software that empower people to understand more about the air that we all breathe? Come join our Firmware Team!
Are you as passionate as we are about creating truly low-power, innovative and user-friendly end-customer products? Would you like to write embedded software that empower people to understand more about the air that we all breathe? Are you eager to tackle new tasks and confident in developing simple, elegant, tested and maintainable embedded software solutions?
Come join the Embedded team and work with engineers who appreciate a bad pun and well written embedded software!
The Firmware Team
The team that develop the sensor devices and connectivity technology that are the foundation of the Airthings ecosystem. We're working in an agile way using modern tools. Continuous integration with docker based build environments are not just a thing for cloud software, we use it every day. Give us an impossible task to solve and we'll happily solve it for you, "How hard can it be?". Embedded Software is at the heart of what we do, and we need to stay in the forefront of it, while creating the best low-power and robust embedded sensor solutions.
The role and the opportunity
You will be an integral part of the Airthing’s firmware team and will contribute to implementing drivers, middleware and more. The work will involve collaboration with Airthings cross-disciplinary project teams across software, hardware and product. You, and the solutions you create, will be an integral part of Airthings future success and of course how our customers world-wide experience our products and solutions.
Airthings also encourage people to evolve in-house and if in the future you would want to cross more over and into Hardware or Cloud departments this is of course possible.
Key tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Design and implement firmware with hard resource constraints on memory footprint, power consumption and other parameters typical to embedded systems.
- Troubleshoot embedded systems with multiple microcontrollers. If you aren’t using a logic analyzer - it ain’t embedded software!
- Maintain excellent unit, integration and system level test coverage of all new source code.
- Design software for running on an RTOS with many concurrent threads of state-machines and data flows.
- Working actively in git and reviewing team pull-requests - always pushing best practices.
Experience we are looking for
You ideally have a Master-degree within electrical engineering, software development, or similar and 5+ years` experience as an embedded software developer working actively with embedded software in C/C++. You get excited about implementing complex solutions under resource constraints. You love to work in an environment of continuous learning and improvement where we all constructively review each other's code. You excel at walking the line of writing code that gets the job done fast, but with a level of quality that makes sure it will not come back to bite you later.
Applicants with RTOS experience are preferred, especially with TI-RTOS on Texas Instruments CC13/26xx product line. Experience with working with firmware on end-products is also preferred.
Knowledge and experience handling some of these technologies:
TI Code Composer Studio, C, Python, ARM Cortex-M MCUs, TI-RTOS, FreeRTOS, STM32, mbedTLS, LwIP, Docker, Low power communication protocols; Bluetooth Low Energy and Proprietary Sub1-GHz radio protocol.
What can we offer?
We like to think that it is the technology and technical aspects of things that will motivate you to join us, but there are of course other things a company like Airthings can offer:
- Focus on creating a fun environment with many social happenings
- Giving all our staff the opportunity to develop and really feel an integral part of our successes
- Excellent salary and benefits including stock options
- We highly value work life balance
- Flexible work hours
- 100% maternity leave and 100% sick leave
- City Centre Location and next to the Palace park
- Friday lunch and get together with the best sweets in town
- One of the best canteens in Oslo, well at least we think so!
And last, but not least: You will be joining a company really going places and a company with huge international expansion plans. In 2019 we won the Time Magazine Best Invention Award and we have a great international environment with focus on diversity and inclusion. Out of our ca.90 employees we (so far) have 31 different nationalities. And we are open for more 😊
You can apply directly via the apply button. At this stage we only require your CV. Alternatively, please feel free to get in touch with our recruitment Talent Sourcer, Jonas Haneborg in AvantGarde Search. Jonas has a lot more information he will happily send you. [email protected] / +47 97 06 02 18. Our recruitment process will be informal and agile.