Expansion Manager - Flexspace
We are Flexspace and on a mission to make the search for a new office space as easy as possible. We are a rapidly growing startup and are currently building an outstanding team with skilled members across all domains and backgrounds. We focus on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in office search. We aim to become one of the largest flexible office players globally. Come join us on this journey.
Are you motivated to join a scaling and growing proptech company?
Flexspace was founded in 2020 by real estate professionals who saw a gap in the market for flexible workspaces. We help companies find their new offices, and specialise in matching them to flexible office solutions. We collaborate with 30 office providers in over 150 locations in our two current branches in Oslo and Amsterdam. We are currently expanding heavily, and have plans to expand to 12 major cities in Europe over the next 2 years. In other words, this is an exciting time to join Flexspace!
To drive our expansion into new markets we are looking for an Expansion Manager who will play a key role in establishing new Flexspace branches across Europe. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to lead the growth and development of Flexspace and position Flexspace as the leading provider of flexible office space. You will be based at our HQ in Oslo, but will have the pleasure of frequent travels to other European cities in lieu of your responsibilities. The role will report to the CEO. We are looking for talent from all sectors.
● Overall expansion responsibility, establishing Flexspace branches in relevant office markets in shape of either wholly-owned subsidiaries or joint ventures
● Create an expansion strategy with the overall goal to address profitable markets
● Analyze new market opportunities
● Establish a process for replicable ‘plug & play’ branch openings in new markets
● Visit and scout cities and potential Flexspace branch locations
● Establish the local entity
● Search, find and hire key personnel, collaborators and suppliers
● Onboard the new branches to the Flexspace system
● Assist the local manager during the startup phase
● 2+ years of work experience, preferably in an international setting. Experience in leading international expansion, new market entry or entity creation is a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Norwegian is not a prerequisite, but is of course welcomed
● Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
● Be able to periodically travel quite a lot
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you have an outgoing personality and thrive in a fast paced environment. You love to travel and meet new people, and consider yourself a good teambuilder. You are self-motivated and able to work independently, but you are still a team player and understand that the key to success is collaboration and information sharing. We believe you have a creative mind mixed with commercial awareness, and we hope you share our interest for this exciting mix of real estate, technology and start-up.
What we offer
As a part of a fast-growing startup, you can benefit from a steep learning curve from day one. We love seeing our crew blossom & growing with us! With a transparent company culture & stunning team spirit, Flexspace ensures a dynamic & international environment welcome to anyone. Plus, our flexible working arrangements support people at different stages in their lives. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you want to build something you are proud of and you believe in the vision, we want you in the Flexspace family!
1. We receive and review the profiles
2. Candidate interviews with recruiter
3. Candidate interview with CEO of Flexspace
4. Second interview with CEO and Sales Manager of Flexspace
5. Offer sent