Do you possess hands-on experience as a Full Stack Developer, encompassing both frontend expertise and database development skills? Are you eager to take ownership of these fields?
If you are someone who enjoys working on innovative technology and smart solutions, particularly in the intersection of technology and sustainability, ECO STOR is looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Let us tell you a little bit what you can be a part of
ECO STOR AS, owned by Å Energy, is a Norwegian clean-technology start-up with offices in Oslo. We are a world leading supplier of second-life battery storage systems with ongoing projects in the Nordics, and a pioneer in the development of innovative energy storage solutions enabling the reuse of electric vehicle batteries, as well as a catalyst for greater adoption of energy storage in the ongoing electrification and renewable energy transition. We are a fast-growing company, and we are looking for a new member to our team who are eager to become a key resource, take lead, responsibility, and ownership for our inhouse developed SW.
The role as Full Stack developer in ECO STOR
Our software stack consists mainly of an energy management system (EMS), a master battery management system (MBMS) and a battery interface unit (BIU) and user interface (UX). At the lowest level, our in-house designed and developed BIU communicates directly with the battery. The BIU is a microcontroller with firmware written in C++. At medium and high level, we have the MBMS and EMS running on a Linux operation system. Both are written in Python. Then finally we have cloud solutions for fleet management and monitoring and user interface (UX).
In ECO STOR you should have knowledge to the full stack, but for this position the main responsibilities are:
- Further development and have responsibility for our Cloud solutions for data logging, storage, processing, and visualization.
- Development and responsibility for an internal data base for internal documentation and external data base for customer documentation and fleet monitoring data.
- Further development and have responsibility for our fleet monitoring system, and user interfaces as; display screens, Mobile phone and tablet apps, Web interface.
- Further development and have responsibility for our Interfaces used for remote monitoring, operation, upgrade, and maintains & service.
- In addition, you will participate in development of our energy management system with focus on font end and user interface interfaces.
Some of your tasks would be:
- Functional specification and description.
- Code development, testing, and maintaining.
Why we hope you will join us
It is an exciting time to work in the sector of energy storage, and first and foremost, we like to think that it is what we do and what we want to achieve that inspires you to apply for the position. You will work within a company dedicated to technology and sustainability; with colleagues that have extensive knowledge and 20+ years of experience within the energy field, where we all have a strong focus on development.
ECO STOR is an international company with global expansion plans, we have solid owners, and we have several contracts and projects to be delivered.
As well as our supportive team having a great time together, they all work with something they love. We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package and flexible work hours.
Who we hope you are
We are seeking a full-stack software developer with a preference for the design and maintenance of database systems and knowledge of front-end software.
You will complement our team of developers and ensure a smooth and efficient development process, as well as coordination with product owners and our battery engineers. Ideally, you have 3-5 years of relevant experience, but we believe in skills, motivation, and an eagerness to learn. We are looking for you who are motivated and interested to work as part of a small, but growing team, where your ideas and solutions will help shape the product and the future of the company.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Proficiency in React, CSS, HTML and Python (e.g. Flask, Django, FastAPI); optional knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience in testing SW (Unit tests, smoke test, sanity tests etc.).
- Experience in Docker and multi-container applications.
- Experience using communication methods such as SocketIO, RabbitMQ etc.
- Knowledge in SQL oriented databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience with using both Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- An understanding of networking protocols and security.
- Knowledge of version control and source code management using GitHub.
- Autonomous and responsible.
- Proficiency in English.
- And a will to take lead and responsibility.
Considered a plus:
- Experience with digital design.
- Experience with IoT network.
- Experience from the energy sector and energy related data.
If you are inspired to join us, you can apply directly via the apply button with a copy of your CV and a cover letter. If you would like more information before applying, please get in touch with our recruitment partner Patricia V. Riolfo in AvantGarde Search, who will be happy to provide you with more detailed information.
Welcome to ECO STOR!