Senior Backend Engineer for an IoT revolution - Oslo
Are you passionate about edge computing, IIoT, cloud computing, Kubernetes and machine learning? Do you thrive when you can navigate between low-level and high-level work? Do you have a good intuition for things like technical debt, design smells and tech trends?
If the answer is yes, then please reach out. We believe we have an interesting opportunity for you!
Arundo and Arundites
Arundo is a software company based in Oslo, Norway; Houston, TX; and Palo Alto, CA, with presence in 6 locations in Europe and the Americas. Our software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as energy, chemicals, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo currently consists of around 60 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts.
Our team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve tough problems and create innovative solutions. We believe in a fun environment, where our people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. Arundites come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, and even a submarine! We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to the company`s exciting future! And finally; we are 18 different nationalities and speak 19 different languages.
Project and role
We believe that this opportunity gives you the chance to work with all the “fun” stuff all at once; Edge computing, cloud computing, IIoT, Kubernetes and Machine Learning.
You will be innovating and building out different components like our compute processing backbone or new ways of domain modelling that address some core challenges with complex analytics solutions at scale. Of course, you will be writing code! -often pairing up and exploring solutions with team member and you will collaborate and/or drive system design and architecture for cloud-first solutions.
Other key tasks:
- Discover, test and implement good ways of doing compute and storage, focusing on transparency, speed, load and cost.
- Contribute on iteratively evolving development of advanced analytics solutions, such as facilitating team and customer sessions for solution ideation (data, compute).
- Working with modern security standards and cloud security services.
- Make good use of modern infrastructure tooling and services, like Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform.
NB. We are always open for new ways of doing things and employees can make an impact in relation to technologies being used.
Who are we looking for?
To become an Arundite you need to be someone triggered by hard and complex engineering challenges and have a good intuition for things like technical debt, design smells and tech trends. You see yourself as a positive driving force in developing concepts and you can navigate between high-level and low-level work. Finally, you have a product mindset and love making yourself available to assist others.
We also hope that you can familiarize yourself with some of the following:
- Analytics / big data patterns
- Domain modelling with techniques like Domain-Drive Design
- Patterns like Event sourcing and Actor model
- Graph modelling and algorithms
- Know what sustainable looks like, but can balance uncertainty and incremental building
- Role of tooling/frameworks within the architecture (not get lost in the tooling)
- Why join us on this exciting journey
- We hope the above has inspired you to contact us, but we would also like to highlight other positives with the position and what we can offer you.
- A value driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- If you have passion and drive you get the opportunity to steer and direct in relation to product and technologies
- You will be integral in “what we do and what we shall do”
- Collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- Collaboration with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Fun environment - we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- Several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, [email protected])
- Newly refurbished office in downtown Oslo, close to the castle
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Pension plan, medical services membership, travel insurance
We would like to make it as easy as possible for you to learn more about Arundo and the position. You can therefore contact our recruitment partner, Jonas Haneborg, in AvantGarde Search who will send you much more information about the role, the position and the process ([email protected]) You can then make your mind up as to whether this is something you want to take a closer look at or not. Alternatively feel free to apply via right away. At this stage we only require a copy of your CV.
Welcome to Arundo – Join us in creating an IIoT revolution