Senior DevOps Consultant - Eficode
We at Eficode have a strong collaborative culture and invest heavily in developing our people. We are currently looking to hire a Senior DevOps Consultant to our Oslo office. We're not just an IT consultancy. We focus on the technical side of Agile and Continuous Delivery - the art of delivering software quickly, safely, and sustainably. Our aim is to change the world by sharing our knowledge and building communities.
As a Senior DevOps Consultant, you will collaborate and consult with some of the leading businesses in Scandinavia. Our business model is not like your average resource consultancy, we pride ourselves on providing consultants with deep expertise as engineers, but who also come as part of a team.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is someone who will actively seek answers and solutions to our customers' questions and challenges, and is able to communicate and implement them effectively. As an important part of supporting our customers, you will help resolve problems, provide DevOps guidance relating to tooling, processes and ways to improve the development lifecycle.
We expect you to have:
● 3-5 years of experience working in a professional and highly collaborative environment
● Programming skills
● Fluency in English - having one of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage
● Ability to work with other people
● Interest towards DevOps and new technologies
The below list of skills is wide-ranging and we are not expecting people to be experts at everything. We’re looking for skills in one or two of these areas, coupled with ambition and curiosity to learn some of the others. In each area the technologies listed should be seen as examples not exclusive requirements.
● Containerization and Virtualization: you may be experienced working with Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, or possibly serverless architecture.
● Commercial Cloud: you may have experience working with the services of one or more commercial cloud providers - AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
● Automation: you may have set up build and deploy systems using Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GitLab CI, ArgoCD or equivalent.
● Version Control: you may be skilled in managing source code in Git.
● Artifact Management: you may have experience using Artifactory.
● Software development: you may be skilled in one or multiple modern programming languages. TDD, DDD and/or other agile coding practices like Pair- and Mob-programming are concepts you might be familiar with.
● System Administration: you may be experienced at managing servers based on Linux, Windows or in the cloud with AWS, Azure or OpenStack.
● SRE tools: you may have experience using observability tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, and/or distributed tracing tools like Jæger.
The below list of activities shows what it takes to be successful at this position. We expect that you have previous experiences in:
● Communicating complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner in customer meetings.
● Defining problems for customers, proposing and implementing solutions while adapting to customer needs when it comes to technologies and their ways of working.
● Teaching technical skills, processes, ways of working and DevOps thinking to customers.
● Managing interactions with the team and the customer in a way that is transparent, pragmatic and proactive.
The successful candidate will join our team in Oslo. We have interesting and challenging customer assignments waiting for the right people, and a wealth of support and experience to draw on from the other Eficode offices across Europe.
Your new team
We are passionate about learning and we believe in our collaborative culture. At the Oslo office we take for granted that you should be able to learn at work and to grow with your colleagues. Our motto is “We don’t chop wood, we sharpen axes”.
To achieve this we aim for spending one day a week on ourselves, the team and on collaboration with other teams in the organization. We encourage employees to read books such as Getting Naked written by Patrick Lencioni and The Unicorn Project written by Gene Kim. If you don’t own a copy, no problem, you are free to use the office library or we will get you an audio version.
Our employees go on to build excellent professional reputations. We want to give our people every opportunity to achieve their full potential, and to change the world along the way. Meet the Humans of Eficode here.
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your CV with a cover letter describing your achievements, why you would be a great fit for the role and addition to the Oslo team. Please apply through our recruitment system here.