Site Reliability Engineer | IndyRiot
Want to join and play a key role in an exciting startup? This is your chance!
indyRIOT offers a turnkey Community and Networking Solution (read: nothing like any community and networking solution you’ve seen before). It is a white-labeled SaaS system, with complete functionality out of the box, which enables our clients to quickly launch their own, fully branded, independent community platform, take full ownership of their crowd, and replace heaps of other systems. This is a bold move in the direction where we, and future generations to come, can re-own our own identity online. We’re located in Oslo, Stavanger, London, and San Francisco, and we are scaling up fast!
It's your community - own it!
We apply principles of computer science and engineering to the design and development of computing systems: generally, large distributed ones. SREs are an essential part of our engineering team and we welcome you to the team if you have passion and value for thoroughness and dedication, belief in the value of preparation and documentation, and an awareness of what could go wrong. Coupled with a strong desire to prevent it. In addition, you will be tasked with the following:
- Design and build reliable, distributed, and scalable production systems
- Advocate automation by removing operation load with software
- Write software in parallel to our product counterparts by adding features and/or building new products
- Build and support software needed for backup or load balancing, in such a way that they can be reused across systems
- Figure out how to apply existing solutions to new problems
- Find ways to improve design and operations of existing systems, to make them more scalable, more reliable, and more efficient, but only up to a point where they are reliable enough.
- Focus on operating all-things services built atop our distributed computing systems, from internal infrastructure, to external services, to our developer community products
- 3+ years as an SRE, DevOps, or infrastructure-focused role
- Knowledge and experience with Kubernetes (including service mesh / istio), grpc, Docker, Github, Github actions, NodeJS & MongoDB
- Knowledge of service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling and load balancing
- Deep understanding of systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Highly skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and resolving root cause of service issues
- Demonstrated skills to effectively work across teams and functions to influence design, operations, and deployment of highly available software
- Experience with running multi-cluster Kubernetes environments and strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security implications
- Experience with large scale distributed cloud service development, infrastructure, traffic management and architecture, GCP preferred
- Experience with operation a SaaS multi tenant platform
By joining indyRIOT you will be a part of a fast growing company where we love spending time together and learning from each other across teams and departments.
- We have an inclusive environment with lots of humor and tolerance
- We have a flat structure despite our growth – in our company all voices are equally important!
- We have lots of fun together and you will be a part of a fun and academically strong work environment.
- Competitive salary
- Comfortable and fresh locations in Akersgata (Oslo), Skansegata (Stavanger) and Shack 15 (San Francisco)!
Sounds interesting? Go to indyriot.com, make a profile, and apply now!
Applications can also be sent to: [email protected]